Furnace Services in Framingham, MA
Furnace Installation & Repair in Waltham & Marlborough
If you are looking for a reliable and knowledgeable heating contractor, turn to Ideal Air HVAC. We have been providing trusted furnace services in Framingham, MA, and the surrounding communities, since 2008. Our technicians are licensed, insured, and NATE-certified to provide the highest quality workmanship and materials. We offer a variety of furnace services, ranging from routine maintenance to complete system replacements.
Whether you need a small repair or a complete furnace replacement, we have the equipment and expertise to get the job done right. Call us at (508) 603-7355 or reach out to us online today.
What Are the Benefits of a New Furnace?
If your furnace is over 10 years old, you may want to consider replacing the unit. There are many benefits to upgrading your heating system. Newer furnaces are more energy efficient and can save you money on your utility bills. New furnaces also have improved safety features, which can help prevent carbon monoxide poisoning and fires. You can also take advantage of incentives and tax credits offered by your local government.
Some of the benefits of a new furnace include:
- Energy efficiency
- Improved safety features
- Tax credits and incentives
- Lower utility bills
- Improved indoor air quality
Furnace Maintenance Tips for Homeowners
Your furnace is the backbone of your home's HVAC system, and ensuring its proper maintenance is crucial to keep the system running smoothly. Neglecting routine maintenance can lead to issues, like carbon monoxide poisoning, higher energy bills, and frequent breakdowns. Below, we provide you with some tips and tricks to help you maintain your furnace and ensure that your home stays warm and safe during the winter season:
- Clean or replace the furnace filter – A dirty filter reduces airflow and can put additional strain on the furnace. Therefore, it's essential to clean or replace your furnace filter every three months, depending on the usage. A clogged filter causes your furnace to work harder, leading to higher energy bills and decreased efficiency. Always ensure you choose the correct size filter for your furnace, or else it can damage your HVAC system and impact the air quality in your home.
- Check the thermostat – If your home is not heating up the way it should, check the thermostat settings. Sometimes, the settings may have been changed accidentally, leading to inconsistent heating. Ensure that you have set the temperature correctly and that the thermostat is set to ‘auto’ mode. Consider investing in a programmable thermostat to conserve energy and reduce your energy bill.
- Inspect and clean the furnace exterior and interior – Dirt and debris can accumulate around the furnace, which can reduce the efficiency and performance. Check the furnace exterior regularly and ensure that there are no obstructions or flammable materials stored near it. Clean the furnace interior – particularly the ignition system, burner assembly, and blower –before the start of the winter season. If you are unsure, call a professional to assist you.
- Schedule an annual inspection – Professional furnace inspection and maintenance is essential to ensure that your system is running efficiently and safely. A trained technician can identify any potential issues early on and repair them before they become major problems. They can also perform a thorough cleaning and assess the fuel efficiency of the system, which will help you save more money on your energy bills.
- Carbon Monoxide alarms – Carbon monoxide (CO) leakage can pose a serious risk to your health and safety. Install a carbon monoxide alarm near your furnace to detect any leakage of the poisonous gas. Always remember to check the batteries regularly and replace them as needed.
What Are the Signs That Your Furnace Needs to Be Repaired?
Your furnace may not be working entirely, or it may be working inefficiently. If you notice any of these signs, it is time to call our professionals. We can identify the problem and provide a solution that is customized to your needs and budget. Our technicians can help you decide if a repair or a furnace replacement is the best option.
Some of the signs that your furnace needs to be repaired include:
- Your heating bills are higher than normal.
- Your furnace is making strange noises.
- Your furnace won't turn on.
- Your furnace won't stay on.
- Your furnace has been short-cycling.
- Your furnace won't turn off.
- Your furnace won't turn on at all.
Contact Our Framingham HVAC Technicians to Schedule Your Furnace Service Today
Schedule your furnace service with Ideal Air HVAC. We can provide a customized solution to meet your needs and budget. We offer upfront pricing to help you know exactly what your service will cost. We are committed to your complete satisfaction and offer a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee on all our work.
Call Ideal Air HVAC at (508) 603-7355 or contact us online to schedule your next furnace service in Framingham, MA.